12.19.2007

Etsy in the NYTimes

Very interesting article about Etsy in the NYTimes a few days ago. I have mixed feelings about it, for certain, but if you're at all interested in the crafty movement and some of the politics and arguments around handmade goods, give this article a read. And then don't forget to keep supporting your favorite indie artists and crafters selling their goodies over on Etsy regardless of the sustainability and economic pressure of small crafty businesses! The article brought up some interesting points that the researcher and thinker in me couldn't disagree with even when I was angry with the writer and wanted to argue! Regardless, it's a very informative read. And regardless of all the complications, I stand solidly on my ground: buy art and support small businesses and buy handmade!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.