1.28.2008

Blog for Community, Exhibitions, & Upcoming Poetry Readings

"Concrete & clouds, circles & lines, yellows & blues, down & up"


Happy Monday! Thanks to those of you who left comments on my last post. It's nice to be able to enter into heady artistic dialogue from time-to-time and your comments are the only way I know there is an actual dialogue happening somewhere in the caverns of this blog! So, thank you.

And for the record, I love to read your comments and thoughts and I encourage folks to write whenever they (you) desire. So, feel free to comment and chime in and help to build a dialogue around some of these issues if/ whenever you'd like. Ultimately, I want this blog to not only be a space where I can record & share my thoughts on studio life, art/ craft, poetry, treasure-hunting, and any other creative musings that might come up, but also a place to build community and foster connection. I've got some interview ideas up my sleeves too, so I'm hoping to bring a few other voices to the pages of my blog from time-to-time. Fun!

Lastly, the show New West Coast Design is coming up in 6 galleries around the Bay Area and I wanted to spread the word. Here's a link to the showing at the San Francisco Center for the Book: "New West Coast Design: Books, The Handmade Book as Craft & Fine Art Object". However, there are 5 other galleries included in this exhibition (showing book arts, fiber, metal, jewelry, ceramic, wood, textiles, glass, art quilts, and "contemporary objects") and the theme is one of my favorites: art & craft. So, enjoy!

Oh, and lastly lastly, the spring poetry reading schedules are popping up all over the place and there are some AMAZING poets gracing the microphones of Bay Area readings this spring so check out these reading series for your poetic fix: New Yipes, Small Press Traffic, and Artifact. I'll report back when I attend, but I don't always remember to blog about it before I attend so that you might also attend if you're nearby! Alas! Check out the calendars and pencil-in some poetry. Happy Monday dear bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. i have yet to attend a poetry reading in the city, i will indeed check out your link :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...i need to check out these links. i feel silly that i don't know much about poetry readings. that is what i get for growing up in small town america!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog...and too often I quickly read through yours and many others without leaving a comment. But seriously, don't we all love getting comments ?? WE DO !!
    So after reading what you wrote, I decided not to sneak off this time commentless !!!
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you are doing here... thank you so very much!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.