4.02.2008

New Letterpress Note Cards

(Just because you are so deer.)

This weekend I printed a new set of letterpress note cards. Hooray! A small batch of just over 100 and this time instead of birds, I went with deer. The front reads, "Just because you are so deer" and I hand-mixed the inks to make turquoise and my new favorite shade of yellow. (Side note: I bought a swing coat this color in the fall and an over-sized bag this color this winter, so I had to giggle to myself when I read about this color over on Lisa Congdon's blog a few days ago. There must be something in the air!)

This type of registration on the letterpress is new for me. See how that one yellow "dingbat" or decorative piece of type fits right between the two deer silhouettes? That means I was able to use my obsessive skills (for good, not for evil) to align the first print run (turquoise) and the second print run (yellow) so that one little piece of yellow type would slip right between the two turquoise deer. FUN!

The bottom corners are rounded and when paired with my old trusty kraft brown envelopes, I must admit I was surprisingly pleased with the color combination. It's such a dream when I'm hand-mixing ink and the printed colors actually look like the colors I had in mind. Rare bliss! Now available on Etsy. Some detail printing photos over on Flickr.

4 comments:

  1. Sooooooo beautiful!

    :-D

    These really are impressive... I'm off to view them on flickr for the lovely details.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, you haven't yet seen the new color of my kitchen wall.

    Obviously, this, yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/15/2008

    I am just going to go ahead and call it like i see it: mustard.

    Sandrine and I really like the deer!

    --Justin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.