5.05.2008

My Upcoming Poetry Reading...


Dear blog friends, I'm giving a poetry reading next Thursday, May 15 at 7:30pm in Point Arena, CA. I'm the featured poet at the Point Arena Third Thursday Poetry Series at the CITYART Gallery hosted by Blake More. (Thank you, Blake.) I'll be reading from my nearly-finished manuscript tentatively titled, Shifting: Recordings on Relations.

Come visit if you're anywhere near Mendocino County. And if not, I have some poems forthcoming in an online journal so I'll be sure to post the links once they're published. Phew! It makes me remember that all that editing and writing and erasing and reading and typing and analyzing are sometimes worth it. Or, of course it's worth it, but it's nice to be reminded when editing my first manuscript that it's potentially interesting to someone other than me! And little steps help soften the blows of the editor's rejections. Yes, yes. And Happy Monday dear friends!

3 comments:

  1. oh....how exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie5/06/2008

    Oh, I wish I could be there. I would love to hear you read your pieces sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shauna5/06/2008

    congradulations!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.