7.25.2008

Darling Dear Polaroid: Weekend Getaway




Today's Polaroid theme is all about the weekend getaway. We're headed to the foothills of the Sierras this weekend with some dear New York guests. I am completely psyched about life in a cabin just outside Nevada City for three whole days. Seems like a good way to gain some perspective from my bustling life in Oakland and my newly renovated studio before I start a new job next week. (Eek!)

I tend to do too much on vacation but this time I am really aiming for some R&R. Instead of trying to see everything that is potentially interesting about adorable Nevada City, I'm aiming for a swim in the Yuba River, a long walk with my camera in hand, and some fireside downtime with friends. We'll see if I can stick to the true R&R plan when I get there and suddenly I want to head in five directions all at once. Oh, the challenge! In the meantime, TGIF, and happy weekend to you.

7 comments:

  1. astounding.

    Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, me too! Always so curious. Great pics.
    a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello long lost friend. it's me rachael u. i stumbled upon your blog and am so impressed, yet not surprised by your talent. i would love to reconnect. how do i get in touch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. erin: thank you!

    gracia: amazing isn't it? to overwork on vacation?!?

    esti: thank you!

    andie: curious is a great word for it! glad you liked the pics.

    rachel: what a lovely surprise!!! my email address is the same. yes, i would LOVE to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds like a wonderful trip, esp the part about swimming in the Yuba

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.