5.21.2009

A Bit of Good News


*


**

Good news! I've been awarded an individual artist grant from The Puffin Foundation! They've accepted my proposal and will generously support a fashion photo shoot, directed by yours truly, in the late summer/ early fall 2009. Eep! I'm tickled.

I'll be creating a simulated "high-fashion photo shoot" with live models in the dresses from The Dresses/ Objects Project. In preparation, I'll build a customized seamless backdrop, find myself some willing models, and scout out a lovely outdoor setting along the coast. I pitched the idea as phase two of a three-phase project, realizing that this phase will position me towards an installation at the end. Indeed, they agreed to help me complete this phase. Eep, eep!

I can't wait to stage this photo shoot, I'm off to tear favorite fashion images out of glossy magazines for inspiration. Thank you, The Puffin Foundation! I'm thrilled.

9 comments:

  1. Very cool. I will definitely want to cover this for FUZZ. Please keep me posted.

    Peace&Love,
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful! you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yahooey! persistent vision, persistence and vision!

    I love those ttv shots with the dress! Makes me wish my dress had stayed in the grays more. Though I am sure you will do something so fab with your photoshoot.

    Congrats and thanks for having me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! How exciting! I want to see all the process, oh please, document every bit of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. chris: thank you, chris. what a fun idea! i will certainly keep you posted.

    laura: thank you, dearness!

    alyson: aw, thanks so much. and thanks for visiting too!

    ambra: yes, yes i am keeping on, keeping on with this beloved project. slow & steady until completion. thank YOU for making one incredibly divine handmade dress.

    esti: oh, how sweet. i will certainly document the process. thank you for asking! i'm hoping to take the photos in august or september, so much fun!

    dear friends: thank you, thank you. your bits of encouragement are sweet little stars shining down. kisses to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOORAY FOR YOU!!!! That's great news and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. deb: thank you! i was thrilled by the good news. now i have to plan out the photo shoot and design the backdrop. eep!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.