12.07.2009

One More Minute of Autumn


***


***


***


***


***


***


***


***


***


***


***


***

Our trip was short and sweet and wonderful and left me wanting more. Brooklyn and Manhattan are even prettier than in my memory; our friends dearer and now even more deeply missed; the streets more full of sparkly magic; the food and browsing and gawking even more delicious; and the pulsing creative heart of that city, even more inspiring. "I Heart New York", there's no other way to say it.

And our epic Thanksgiving feast for 45 was, indeed, epic and amazing and ever-so-tender with adults and children sitting on steps, sofas, benches, chairs, and porches to eat the traditional feast. Just as quickly, we were back to our equally pretty city by the Bay but with no internet connection at home and me with a nasty winter cold. Ick. But I am on the mend and November has made the full plunge to December, which continues to surprise me every single year.

Every year, it is suddenly December and I'm astonished that I didn't see it coming. I have dozens of photos I haven't shared with you, a new series of linoleum prints in-progress, and a show approaching in January. But instead, I just want to take a moment to linger with the colors and longing sunlight of autumn before I take the full winter plunge. Just one more minute to savor autumn's romance, to notice the days growing shorter, the produce turning to gourds and roots and apples, the knitting needles returning to their spot by the sofa preparing for their big show with Christmas hats and scarves.

Just one moment, I promise, and then I will jump with both feet into the magical month of December, full of things that twinkle and sparkle and shine.

5 comments:

  1. oh... the light in your pictures feels soooooo good!
    I am kind of nostalgic of autumn already....

    ReplyDelete
  2. as i study for my finals i felt the need to wander the world of the web and clicked once again on your blog. how lovely, lovely indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a fantastic thanksgiving/trip.

    i'll stay with you in autumn bliss all you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. elisabelle: so glad you liked the light in this batch of photos, i find it's one of my favorite things about autumn. and then the long shadows of winter come next...!

    laurel: dear lady, so glad you found a bit of respite in this little world. kick much butt on your finals! and happy nearly holidays...

    lisa: aw, let's stay in autumn bliss forever! been thinking of you lately, will write soon to find a time for tea.

    xoxo,
    k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! your blog is so nice...
    Marce

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.