6.07.2010

Photo Shoots & Late Afternoon Sun

Hello friends,

Another photo shoot of The Dresses/ Objects Project is now completed. Yee haw! I spent three hours photographing dancers, poets, and video artists and these photos are just a few of my favorites. You remember this very first photo shoot with my husband and I, the second photo shoot with beloved local bloggers/ visual artists, and this last shoot with writers and performing artists. I think I have one last shoot left to plan, mostly with the choreographer and a few other key ladies for the upcoming installation. Oh, the late afternoon light was so kind to us! And I love the pretty, detailed dresses against the industrial warehouse walls. Which photograph is your favorite?



*


**


***


****


*****


******


*******


********

As you can imagine, my head is filled to the brim with to-do lists. I find myself making lists and crossing things off of lists on a daily basis: Costume shopping list, fabric store list, Craigslist list, wall work list, poetry list, postcard distribution list, email list, list of the lists! Okay, I don't actually have a list of the lists but maybe I should. The big opening day is June 25, 2010, just exactly 18 days from today. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. xoxo, k.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos- I can't wait to see the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kevin: thank you for the good cheer. the show feels so far away and also like its just around the corner. 2 weeks to go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay yay yay!
    you CAN do it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lisa: thank you SO MUCH for your continued cheers. truly and truly, i am grateful for a community of supportive artists LIKE YOU! xo, k.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.