7.22.2010

A Quick Trip to the Oakland Hills

Hi friends,

I hope your week is going well. I've been so inspired by what's happening at Habit this month while simultaneously missing my regular blog reads, so I thought this combination called for an extra post this week. I haven't taken a photo every day in July, but I have managed to take a handful of photos and it's been a lovely exercise in reconnecting with my day-to-day living. (Hello daily life, goodbye exhibition schedule). So, I wanted to pop in and share some July images with you.

We recently headed to the Oakland hills with our picnic blanket and takeout burritos to catch the sunset. We were able to marvel out over the treetops as the sun washed a rainbow of colors over us before setting beyond the hills. I captured these photos in Tilden Park during one of our short adventures.



*


**


***


****


*****

The weekend is just around the corner and I can't wait for my first full weekend off in what seems like forever. I'm super duper excited for two whole days with my sweetie to wander around without very much direction. What's on your priority list for this weekend? I'm hoping to make it to a large body of cool water and do little more than wade around at the edges. If I'm feeling particularly inspired I might clean-up the studio or bake some chocolate chip cookies. I can't imagine I'll get much more ambitious than this. Perhaps, though, a trip to the movies. xoxo, k.

4 comments:

  1. A trip to the park sounds great right about now... but stuck at work reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin: I know! Trips to the park at lunchtime would be the perfect fix to long days at work. Perhaps we should start an international petition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, sunset, burritos, Tilden, boots, fuzzy dandelions, you and your Mister. I heart you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kj: i heart you and your misters too. ambitious careers, young home owners, amazing new parents, and ever more loving partners? yea, i heart you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.