12.21.2010

Renegade & Merry Winter Solstice


*


**


***


****

Thank you to my lovely visitors who attended the Renegade Craft Fair despite the soaking, sobbing rain. Like any big show, this one was certainly worth the effort and I can only hope that the planning process will get smoother as the fairs go on. (Fingers crossed.) Sadly, I forgot my camera so I can't share any photographs of my booth. Drats!

At least I can share a few of my favorite vendors instead. While it's always hard to narrow the sprawling list down to just a few favorites, this is my best attempt: the necklaces of Muak, the plates & pitchers of Rae Dunn, the fabric ornaments of Rebe, the hats of Mosey, and the cashmere fingerless gloves of MODify/d. I have three words for these crafters: Swoon, swoon, swoon.

Now that Renegade is over I'm turning my attention fully and completely to the nearing holidays. (Dear holidays, I'm sorry I've been neglecting you but I'm about to make amends.) I have a tradition of crafting on the day of Christmas Eve with a dear friend; last year it was handmade stockings and a knit hat, this year it's either a tree skirt or a batch of stuffed fabric ornaments. Regardless, I hope my fingers are still willing to stitch.

Happy Holidays to you, my friends! May your winter solstice be very merry and bright.

xoxo,
k

5 comments:

  1. oh what beautiful photos!!! so festive!!!! Happy Winter Solstice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy holidays to you sweet lady !
    i'm so glad you liked our gloves... your booth looked lovely and had i known you were cameraless i would have taken shots. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. diana: happy winter solstice to you too.

    lisa: yes, i should've asked you to snap a few photos of my booth too. alas! next time i'll be a bit more renegade seasoned. happy winter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated holidays, dear! And what a treat - I got to go peek at all these new-to-me artists and crafters and.... I must go back! I loved them all!

    much love,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. maria: yes, renegade was full of amazing artists and crafters. glad you like my winter shortlist.

    xoxo,
    k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.