4.18.2011

Spring Studio Updates






The rain continues to drip and drizzle on the potted herbs lining our front step but the blue skies are putting up a good fight for April's affection. If you ask me, I think the sunny side just might win. There are a few studio updates I wanted to share with you including collaborations on jewelry, theatrical sets, and an upcoming publication. More details...

1.
I am so excited to announce that I am part of Sprout Studio's artist-of-the-month collaboration. I've rounded out designer, Jen Lake's, bakers' dozen and I am smitten with the collection she's created. And honored to have my linoleum printed chairs and sewn bird canvas among the other artworks-turned-necklaces. Such a lovely job, Ms. Jen, and thank you.

2.
I am designing a set! Yes, a set for theater. Well, a set for dance to be precise. After seeing my Dresses/ Objects installation last summer, choreographer Hope Mohr asked me to design the set for her upcoming show at the San Francisco International Arts Festival. So, on May 19 I will debut as a set designer. The set will include digital photograph projections, a huge handmade cotton video screen, and a bunch of red thread. Cross your fingers, please!

3.
I will have an article and photographs included in the upcoming issue of Viz Inter-Arts magazine. I LOVED the first issue and I'm honored to be included in the second. I'll show you images when it's released--such a wonderful poetry publication.

Hope you are happily navigating April--full of promise for the warmer days ahead and all the adventures of summertime weather. Or, for my friends on the other side of the globe, I hope you are cozying up to cooler and quieter months ahead. xoxo, k.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful!
    Wonderful!
    Wonderful!

    Congratulations!
    Congratulations!
    Congratulations!

    Good things come in threes.

    g xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your necklaces [i wish we each got a whole set of them !]

    and austin looks like it was fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. gracia: thank you, thank you, thank you. i agree about the luck of threes.

    lisa: i would LOVE to get a full set. they are all so beautiful. each and every one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great accomplishments... Well done! I adore the jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nina: thank you for visiting here. and thank you for the kind words! so glad you like the necklaces. xoxo, k.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.