8.01.2011

My Big, Round, Happy News!


Dear friends,

I am sixth months pregnant! It seemed high-time to tell you my big, round, happy news. I'm expecting a baby boy this October and for any new friends, this is most certainly my very first little one. My goodness and it's already August!

So perhaps this helps explain why I've been a bit distracted in my studio life the past few months--because most of my creative energy is going towards making a tiny human. It's true. We are thrilled and terrified and mystified and humbled and humored and mostly, we are thrilled.

Don't worry, this will not suddenly turn into a baby blog. But I do imagine that my pending motherhood will make its way into my studio life just as my husband and my garden and my travels and my ramblings make their way into my studio life--because they inspire me the most. My head and heart are bursting with nursery projects and baby crafts that I will share with you as we go.

Phew. Now that was a pretty big secret.

xoxo,
k

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations. As a new mom myself I can tell you there's no bigger joy than a little one entering your life. I hope you're having a wonderful pregnancy and I'm sure you will have quite the creative one on our hands if he takes after his mamma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I remember the distractions during pregnancy .. I'm still waiting to regain my focus, seven years on! Just kidding. Seriously, wonderful, happy news to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been on my reader for quite some time (overseas) but scooting through it I see this! Blessings to you and your little one! And don't worry what your blog will or will not be, life weaves in and out and it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, such sweet news. I love your description "most of my creative energy is going towards making a tiny human" -- wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Katrina!! Such great news - I can't wait to meet the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, mama! Can't wait to meet him! Much love to you and David. xoxo, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such big, sweet and exciting news. Delighted for you... congratulations. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! That will be your greatest "Made By Katrina" creation ever! :) Wishing you and your family many blessings and joy as you begin this new era of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful news! Seems like I picked the perfect time to check back into the world of blogging. So overjoyed for you, and wishing all the best, dearie.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. aha ! the cat is out of the bag ! [relief]
    can't wait to hear all about everything.
    [i have stuff for you]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just came across your lovely blog for the first time... congratulations!
    And thank you so much for the link you gave my blog a few posts back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful, congratulations to you!
    Savor it... every single moment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. dear friends: thank you, thank you, thank you! your kind words just downright make me beam. xoxo, k.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.