10.20.2011

House Tour: Our Small Urban Nest


(View of the bedroom into the nursery. Artwork by 3191, HSJ, and Lisa S.)


(New raspberry-colored pillows, fresh off the presser foot.)


(The bedroom: raspberry, gray and white. Artwork by Wild, A. Fox, and Gracia&Louise.)


(Up-close: over my dresser.)


(The living room: Gray, yellow, red and turquoise too.
Artwork by McConnell, Joan, and S. Fairey.)


(Newly made pillows, still feathering the nest.)


(Up-close: yarn stash.)


(The kitchen: wood, white, and red. Sunflowers from the farmer's market.)


(Photos by me, letterpress print by Starshaped Press, and red shelves by my mister.)


(Up-close: vintage Pyrex collection.)


(View of the studio, my favorite lookout perch.)


(Up-close: inspiration lines including cards by some of you!)

***

It was so much fun showing you the recently renovated nursery so I thought I'd show you the rest of our place too. We moved here in February and I can finally say that it feels like home. Phew. It's as if I have to live in the space for a period of time before I can truly claim it.

Lately, I'm embracing a clash of geometric patterns, bold colors, white walls, worn furniture, and an ever-growing collection of books. I have a weakness for gorgeous hardcover design books full of photographs and articles. Some of my favorites: Undecorate, Flea Market Style, Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces, Lotta Jansdotter's Handmade Living, and Decorate.

As if that wasn't enough, I'm always inspired by the amazing design boards that surface on Pinterest. And, as we all know, swoon-worthy design blogs are not hard to find (peek at my sidebar for some links). Lucky for us, inspiring & accessible design is everywhere these days and we just have to access computers, bookstores, or magazines for a good luscious dose.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of my own urban nest. (And for those of you wondering, no baby yet!)

xoxo,
k

5 comments:

  1. You SHOULD, one time when you are home (NY home), have tea with my mom. The things you say are "vintage" (not just in this post) are all about S. Main St. Everything from old Christmas bulbs still in the box and wrapping paper from the 40's (yes, we still have it) to Pyrex and chenille. She also paints old furniture (which we lovingly call junk) and tranforms it into unbelieveable pieces.
    I love your large windows! What a view. You have a wonderful focal point at your sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your home! So cozy! Do you know about the Japanese paumes books? I probably shouldn't even get you started, because you'll be addicted! http://www.paumes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new urban nest is absolutely lovely! And since you are probably will start spending a lot of time there soon, it looks like a perfect place to live in. Oh, I can't wait until the day when I can furnish and decorate my own house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.