10.11.2011

October and Sun Prints and Fabric Bunting








Hello friends,

I am spending my first days of October surrounded by my dearest things: writing, reading, sewing, stitching, baking, decorating, and dreaming. I am also trying to waddle out into the beautiful city for short strolls, tea dates, and shopping trips to get the last few things for the little one on his way. Maternity leave is blissful. And quiet. And tender. And full of anticipation.

I am making the (above) fabric bunting with quilt scraps. The quilt is progressing day-by-day but it's so nice to have quicker projects that can be finished in a few hours--like bunting. And I'm embroidering some wishes onto a series of recent sun prints (also above). Sun prints of feathers and leaves with added stitches of very short poems. This one is a wish for the little one, "dream and then dream".

I'm going to post again on Thursday this week. So do come visit for a cup of tea and a nursery tour! We are almost ready for babes around here. Almost. I hope your week is happy, dear friends. Just that--happy.

xoxo,
k

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like your having a wonderful time. It must be a liberating feeling to know that each day you wake up, you will be able to spend the whole day doing something you love- creating something! I almost can imagine how that would be! I wish you a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your projects so much. They are beautiful! I keep meaning to pull out my sewing machine to creat. This is just what I needed to see. How exciting about the nursery tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sun prints with embroidered poems are wonderful. You seem in such a great place. I think a little someone is going to be very happy to finally meet Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound blissfully happy, and I'm very happy for you. Looking forward to the nursery tour, I'm sure it's looking wonderful.xolj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy this time!! How lucky it's happening right as fall starts when you really want to cozy up the home and snuggle down. My daughter was born in November, the perfect month if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. halina: yes, it's rather freeing to know i can spend the day writing, sewing, reading, decorating, or otherwise making. and soon, a baby to be.

    alexandria: oh, how kind. thank you. i do hope you'll pull out your sewing machine and start creating.

    denise: so glad you like the sun prints. i want to make many more. yes, this time off has been heavenly.

    louise: much needed downtime has been very good for my heart and head and hands. a fine balance between creating and nesting and waiting.

    kathryn: i agree. the turn to autumn has only intensified my desire to nest. though i admit, i wish the chilly days were here for good. i know, careful what i wish for!

    xoxo,
    k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.