3.26.2012

My Shop Doors are Open








Dear friends,

My shop is now open! I've added a batch of new, small-scale, affordable art and crafts that I'm delighted to share with you. And, because you make this online world a lovelier place, I'm offering an extra 10% off until April 15 with the code MAKEITLOVELY. Just enter this code at checkout and you'll get 10% off your entire order. Just a little something to say how much I appreciate you, your friendship, readership, ongoing support, and overall community. Yes, I do.

Someday I would like to have a brick and mortar shop. I imagine it would be full of handmade and vintage things and it would double as a small gallery and space for artists to commune. I imagine it would be full of pretty linens, ceramics, jewelry, accessories, artwork, trinkets, and treasures. A smattering of found oddities old and new. Oh, the things! An area for artwork to hang. A place for artists and art lovers to gather and engage. A place for poetry readings and craft workshops. Yes, these things.

I suppose there would be treats at the counter near an old metal register. Maybe muffins one day or cookies the next. Lemonade in the summer and mulled apple cider come fall. I'd have a work table behind the register so I could knit, or sew, or type when the visitors were sparse. I imagine a little patio out the back door with a wrought iron table and my grandmother's floral tablecloths. Fresh flowers spilling over the edges of water pitchers. Just enough sunshine, just enough shade.

For now, let's imagine a virtual bell jingles on a virtual glass door when you enter the doors of my virtual shop. Yes, for now, that will have to do.

xoxo,
k

9 comments:

  1. I love your description of your one day brick & mortar shop. I could imagine myself shopping there, hanging out there, wanting to show my art there! And now I'm going to go take a look at your etsy shop :)
    Phoebe
    (from flickr)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your virtual shop looks great! And I look forward to visiting your darling little bricks and mortar shop, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! your shop is adorable! this is amazing news...im sure there are more great things to come. Already trying to decide which lovlies to buy =)

    xoxo
    Annaliese

    www.lambsandkings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I feel so welcome in your virtual shop, it is all so lovely. And your imagined brick and mortar place sounds an absolute delight. xolj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 'grand opening'! I do see you one day opening up a brick & mortar. That would so perfect! In the meantime, had to buy the fog piece, just too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your shop, your crafts and your beautiful dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katrina, your little shop sounds so similar to my "art cafe" dream. Maybe we can be business partners one day? xoxo

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  8. phoebe: thank you! and thank you for visiting here.

    denise: thank you friend. yes, a brick & mortar someday too. it's in the dream files.

    annaliese: thank you! and so nice of you to visit here and say hello.

    louise: oh, perfect. so glad it feels welcoming. yes.

    kathryn: you are a peach. thank you, thank you. i love that this piece will be with you.

    oxhill: hi! nice to see you here from flickr. thanks for saying hello.

    bea: YES. i loved working with you friend. capricorns unite!

    xoxo,
    k

    ReplyDelete
  9. well i guess that's project two for clasp eh?! ;) xxxooo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.