7.09.2012

Gone in Search of Summer, Be Back Soon!



Dear friends,

I have packed my summer dresses and my new leather sandals and my floppy straw hat and I have jumped on a plane and flown across the country in search of summer. I have packed rompers and onesies and teeny tiny bathing suits for my still teeny tiny son. I have convinced my husband to bring a pair of shorts and, somehow, this always takes quite a bit of convincing but, somehow, he agreed this was a very good idea for a forecast of 90 degrees and humid.

I have my journal. I have my camera. I have left my computer and my sewing devices and all my pretty printmaking devices at my studio in Oakland. I am in search of the things I am always in search of when I visit NY in the summertime: thunderstorms and fireflies and roadside ice cream stands where I can walk up to a small sliding window and simply order, "a twist". I am in search of warm dusty roads for daydreaming and cool bodies of water for swimming and the kindest familiar faces that are always kind enough to welcome me home.

I will be back here on Monday, July 30 and I promise to have stories to tell. Until then...

xoxo,
k.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your warm dusty streets (love that smell) and cool water and new dress. Glad I'm not the only one whose husband has to be persuaded to get out the shorts! Have a lovely break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time and give Upstate a big hug from me. (I so miss it even though I was there in the Spring)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine idea. I know you will have a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I have packed my summer dresses and my new leather sandals and my floppy straw hat and I have jumped on a plane and flown across the country in search of summer."

    Ha! I love this.

    Happy travels.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. kate: thank you for the well wishes. it was very much enjoyed. and yes, my husband must be persuaded to wear shorts even in 90 degree weather! it's a guy thing?!?

    belly: hugs were given for all of us who have moved away. many hugs!

    denise: oh, it was so wonderful. and so darn pretty.

    gracia: smile. hi you!

    friends: a very good trip to NY for certain. and CA, you are still so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.