10.09.2012

My Monster Mash & Upcoming Craft Fairs











The monster gang is assembling in my studio and I don't think we should be one bit frightened. Armed in corduroy and denim with various cotton prints they appear rather happy with their monsterdom. I've made six of these creatures and there are four more on my sewing table awaiting stitches and stuffing. Each has a unique combination of fabrics (no two monsters are alike) and comes with a proper name and story about his/ her personal quirks. These friendly critters will accompany me at several upcoming craft fairs, but I've just listed them in my Etsy shop too. Penelope Green was already adopted this morning. (Good luck, Penelope! You'll make great friends, I'm certain.)

I'm honored to have been accepted into several juried craft fairs this fall. First up is Patchwork--Oakland's first major indie craft fair--on Nov 18 in Jack London Square. I'm splitting a booth with my dear lady, sprout studio. And then on the east coast on Nov 24 is Second Storie in Rochester, NY (they featured me in an interview here) and I'm so excited to be a vendor at this sweet fair near my beloved hometown. Back on the west coast for Dec 2 at the lovely Teahouse Studio in Berkeley and then the craft fair of all craft fairs, San Francisco's Renegade Holiday Fair, on Dec 15 & 16 where I'll share a booth with Lisa Solomon and Modify/d. All exciting news.

I'll have monsters, mobiles, garlands, letterpress prints, and a few special items that are too new to speak of quite yet. It's October, my friends! Oh my goodness, the winter holidays are almost here. Almost. Not quite, but almost. Fingerless gloves, woolen caps, fuzzy sweaters, apple cider, pumpkin pies, strings of lights, and indie craft fairs are soon upon us! Welcome, autumn. We're so glad you're here.

xoxo,
k.

3 comments:

  1. I love the rear views the best, too cute! Congrats on all the fairs coming up! I'll be sure to stay in town this year to head over and see you and Lisa at Renegade. You'll have so much fun hanging out together all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. go go go busy mama !!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. kathryn: yes! come see us at renegade. i'll try to remember to post our booth number so you can find us without too much of a hunt.

    lisa: phew. speaking the truth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.