12.11.2012

My Holiday Shop with Red Velvet Curtains


My dear friends,

I'd like to imagine that I'm sitting behind a vintage cash register and there is a pot of hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows keeping warm on a wood stove in the corner. There are pretty red velvet curtains hung in the front window and a menagerie of paper snowflakes strung across the shop. I think jingle bells might be hung in a tangle on the front door and there are fresh spruce cuttings in pretty ceramic vases dotted along the shelves.

I imagine Ella Fitzgerald's holiday album is on repeat and I am knitting one very large cashmere scarf to keep me warm this winter. And, let me not forget, a small vintage tray full of gingerbread men rests by the register. Though, it's quite likely, the gingerbread men and the hot chocolate might be in dwindling supply if I am left to fend for myself all afternoon. I mean, who can resist homemade marshmallows? Not me. I cannot resist them. I do hereby declare myself at their mercy. 

Maybe one day I will have a pretty little brick and mortar shop. Maybe I will sell vintage housewares and original artwork from my favorite living artists and also all matters of handmade goods and crafts. Yes, I would like that very much. But, in the meantime, I have just added a bunch of items to my Etsy shop and I would like to share them with you. Just pretend there are red velvet curtains in the shop windows and that jingle bells chime when you click on that link, okay? Okay.

xoxo,
k.

PS--I'll be a vendor at the Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco this weekend, December 15 & 16 from 11-6. Come say hello!  And PSS--Saturday, Dec 15, is the last day to register for our online class INTERWOVEN and receive the early bird discount.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to catch up with you at Renegade SF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina, Everything in your shop looks gorgeous. My favourite, of course, is the whale notebook. Fantastic! xolj

    ReplyDelete
  3. kevin: renegade was wonderful! so sorry you couldn't make it. i'll see you soon.

    louise: thank you, thank you. that means a bunch to me.

    dori: such kind words! thank you for visiting here and spreading such kindness. nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.