10.15.2013

Enjoy It. Because It's Happening.



 


My friends,

I am working on a new handmade shirt. I'm not sure what to call it as it's longer than a top but shorter than a dress. I think this makes it a tunic. But I think a tunic conjures up a specific image and I'm not sure this fits that specific image. But, alas, I am making a new top. And I am loving these gray fabrics very much.

And I am also creating a binding bias tutorial to add to the tutorial section of this blog. Because a few of you have asked about making binding bias (or binding tape) and once a few of you have asked the same question then I know it's time to make that question into a post or a tutorial or something of the sort. So that is coming soon. Pinky swear.

And I am thinking about this quote I saw over on Pinterest. It said,  "Enjoy it. Because it's happening." And I keep thinking about how this quote is really a metaphor for my own life. How we (I) get so busy in the daily grind of work, art, parenting, marriage, friends, domesticity, fill-in-the-blank, that we (I) forget to really take a step back and acknowledge the wonderful moments when they actualize. And that's not really the point of all our hard work now, is it? I don't think so.

It's a lifelong practice to really be present in the very moment when something is happening. I think, particularly, when something really wonderful is happening. Or something really dreadful is happening. So that's my own work for this week--to enjoy what is happening as it is happening and particularly the wonderful things.

And, well, to make this binding tutorial too.

xoxo,
k

4 comments:

  1. I love this post, Katrina. That phrase is something I've been feeling the past few days so its nice to hear it said succinctly and to know you're there too. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kathryn: i know, we really have to be mindful about enjoying our work/ lives/ artmaking as we go along. to really be present in the moment of enjoying--that's a practice! hi, friend.

      Delete
  2. i'm so into the "tunic" - that isn't really a tunic right now... and YEAH to binding tutorial. i will be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lisa: i'm currently obsessed with tunics that aren't really tunics! and i just posted the binding tutorial in the tutorial section. hope you enjoy!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.