10.21.2013

Spreading the Love, Sharing the DIYs

 

My friends,

As promised, I have posted two new tutorials to the blog. The first offers step-by-step instruction to make your own bias tape (or bias binding) from fabric scraps. This is the technique I use on my quilts and on the necklines and armholes of the newest dresses and tank tops. It's so satisfying to make your own custom bias tape and once you get the hang of it you'll never want to buy the ready made bias tape ever again. That's my prediction.

Also, I've turned an old post about making elbow patches into a new tutorial. This one is simple, straight-forward, and doesn't even require a sewing machine. It does, however, require you get a second opinion about the placement of your elbow patches before you stitch them into place. So be prepared to ask a loved one for a second glance before you thread your needle. Trust me, I've learned this the hard way.

I hope you enjoy the new tutorials complete with new icons and a simpler design. They are also accompanied by an older tutorial on paper garland, a second on Christmas stockings from wool skirts ('tis the almost-season), and a third to make fingerless gloves from sweater sleeves (also without a sewing machine). I love bringing you tutorials and DIYs from time-to-time so I hope you'll put them to good use.

Happy Autumn! It is getting chillier here in the evenings and has finally resulted in beloved cardigans, over-sized scarves, and thick socks when rising in the early hours with my little one. The afternoons are still warm and sultry, but every morning I thank my stars for cardigans and black tea. Yes, I do.

xoxo,
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.