7.28.2014

Upcoming Workshops: Sashiko, Fundraising, Grantwriting



I'm excited to announce three upcoming fall workshops that I'll be offering in the Bay Area. I've taught several workshops this year and each time I'm reminded how much I love to teach--online and offline too. Mark your calendars, follow the links, and join me if you are in the area. I'll be offering three workshops in September and October. If you're not able to visit San Francisco or Berkeley to attend one of these workshops then be sure to follow the links to my next online workshop. It's going to be free!


Exploring Sashiko Embroidery: A Creative Approach at Britex Fabrics in San Francisco on Saturday, Septebmer 6 from 1:30-4:30 for just $35. We’ll use the mini quilt as an opportunity to explore patchwork, hand stitching, and embroidery with Sashiko. We’ll discuss ways to personalize your work through an improvisational approach that can be adapted to large-scale projects or other creative pursuits. We’ll also talk about the fine line between art, design, and craft and why this benefits textile enthusiasts like you. Basic sewing and stitching skills are required.

 
Fundraising for Artists: How to Fund Your Work? at Kala Art Institute in Berkeley on Tuesdays September 30 and October 7 from 6:30-9 for $75. I've taught this workshop with various arts organizations and I love teaching it so much. It's so rewarding to share my many years of nonprofit work with other individual artists looking to better understanding fundraising, grantwriting, and securing funds for their creative work. More details about this workshop are available at the above link. If you're curious about funding your next art project, please join me for this workshop.


Grantwriting for Artists: Beyond the Basics at Kala Art Institute in Berkeley on Saturday, October 18 from 10-4 for $125. This workshop is the sequel to the fundraising workshop I'll offer on Sept 30 and Oct 7. This workshop is intended for artists who have already written their first grant proposal but want to take their skills to the next level. Grantwriting is a technique that can be taught but learning how to hone your skill takes time and practice. I love teaching this workshops because it's my chance to wave the "Yes, you totally can!" flag in a room full of artists. And what's not to love about that?


Hooray! So excited to offer these workshop in the Bay Area this fall. For those of you reading from many miles away, you can still join my mailing list to have first dibs at the free online textile workshop I'll also be offering this fall. (Many thanks to the Puffin Foundation for supporting this workshop so I can offer it for free.) I'm hoping to have all the details confirmed for this workshop in the next few weeks. Stay tuned. And, as always, if there's a workshop you'd like me to teach or a venue you'd like me to visit, please share your thoughts in the comments.

xoxo,
k

4 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to these workshops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shauna, saw your earlier comment. Yes, you can certainly attend with a new baby. I say new babies and new mamas can decide when and where they are most comfortable and capable. If you think you can participate with your new babe in tow, then please join us. Would love to have you.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.