9.29.2014

Slow Fashion Style: Join Me Before Thursday


Friends,

If you are planning to sign-up for my upcoming online class, Slow Fashion Style, please head on over and register before this Thursday. Registration will close at 5pm on Thursday, October 2nd for this online class that runs Oct 13-24, 2014. This class is totally free and generously supported by an artist's grant from The Puffin Foundation. Hooray!


I'll be offering tutorials on visible mending, plant-based dyes, and simple sewing techniques to preserve garments. I'll also be offering exclusive artist interviews with slow fashion textile artists; provide ample resources for slow fashion, plant-based dyes, and visible mending; and share my research and findings from my yearlong fast-fashion fast, Make Thrift Mend. I'd love to have you in class!


As of this post there are over 400 international participants registered for this online workshop. This far exceeds my expectations! I'm thrilled. Humbled. Inspired. And motivated by your interest in this class. Thank you. On the technical side, that means I have over 400 people to move through registration and assist in accessing the private class website. So I'll be closing registration on Thursday to begin this process.

If you've already registered for the class then you don't need to do a thing. Hang tight. In the next few weeks you'll receive an invitation to join the private class site, instructions for completing the private class registration, and you'll also gain access to a materials list and more information. Stay tuned.


Feel free to spread the word about this free class until Thursday but that's the last chance to join this Slow Fashion Style adventure. Did I mention that I'm thrilled? Okay, I'm thrilled.

xoxo,
k.

4 comments:

  1. wow, that's sure to be a diverse lot of "students"--glad i signed up when i did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we'll have a great group of students. Interest far exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to get started soon.

      Delete
  2. alas, i am unable to access the blog with the password given.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arlee. I just responded to your email with more detail. Take a look at the email and try again. See you in class! -k.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.