9.09.2014

Slow Fashion Style: Online Registration is Open!


I'm so excited to announce the dates for my free online workshop this fall. This new sustainable fashion workshop was generously supported through an artists grant from the Puffin Foundation allowing me to offer it completely free to participants like you. A complete dream come true! The new workshop, Slow Fashion Style, will run from Monday, October 13- Friday, October 24, 2014 with new original daily posts including project tutorials, artist interviews, studio tips, project possibilities, and numerous slow fashion resources. Hooray!



The registration platform is now available right here just be certain to leave your email address as that's how you'll gain access to the private class blog. While the class is free to participants anywhere the blog will be limited to registered students only and the only way I will be able to invite you to the private blog is if you include your email address when you register. So please leave your email address when you register. (Did I mention that I'm so excited I could squeal?)


Slow Fashion Style will operate through a private class blog that shares original daily content to subscribed readers only. This workshop will share project tutorials, exclusive artist interviews, project possibilities, studio tips, and multiple resources for sustainable fashion. Topics will include visible mending, natural dyes, simple sewing techniques, and various ways to reduce your fashion footprint while increasing your fashion resourcefulness. This workshop is FREE but participants must preregister and be available for the duration of the two-week class. Of course, you can work at your own pace and engage with the class community as you wish. 




Please help me spread the word to your community as I'd love for this workshop to reach as many participants as possible. It's not everyday I can offer an entire class for FREE so I really hope to spread the word. (And please only register for one "ticket" as you can only register one email address per sign-up.) Whether you've been sewing for decades or you just picked up a needle in the last few weeks, this workshop is being created to meet varying skill levels and varying levels of expertise. I feel so passionate about sustainable fashion that I want everyone to have access to this information. Yes, including you.



For those of you who might be new to my work, please take a look through my Make Thrift Mend project website to get a better understanding of my slow fashion and sustainable fashion journey. I'd love to share this adventure with you, your friends, your coworkers and your families too. If you have any questions or experience any glitches in registering for the workshop, please leave a comment here and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Hooray! I can't wait to get started. This class is pretty much my dream class and being able to offer it for free feels like a double dream. Friends, I hope you'll join me. 

PS--Registration will close at 5pm Pacific time on Thursday, October 2. If you want to join this workshop please be sure to register on the event site before October 2, 2014. If you've already registered then just stay tuned. More details to follow via email. Thank you!

xoxo,
k.

35 comments:

  1. Just signed up! So excited about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hooray! so happy to have you in class. i'm so excited to teach this workshop.

      Delete
  2. signed up this morning as i was racing off to work. looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful! so glad you'll join us.

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited! Signed up and will be sharing thus post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful! thank you, summer.

      Delete
  4. Woohoo! Count me in! I'm so very excited about this... Well done you on achieving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, jo! so happy you'll join us. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Registered! Love your work. This is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hooray! so excited to teach this course.

      Delete
  6. ooh, I am in the East Bay,,,hello Katrina. I just signed in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi melinda! nice to meet a fellow east bay crafter. so glad you'll join me online. i'll be teaching workshops around the bay area this fall too if you want to join me in-person. xo

      Delete
  7. Do you have a supply list? I am very excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi cheryl! no supply list yet. i'll be contacting all the registered participants through email in a few weeks. i'll send details about accessing the class blog, materials, etc. glad you'll join us!

      Delete
  8. Just signed up, thank you so much for offering this, can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi anna! thank you for joining me on this exciting adventure.

      Delete
  9. Signed up, looking forward to October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hooray! see you in class.

      Delete
  10. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ik wil het ook proberen; dus schreef ik me in !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to have your work supported and to be eager and willing to share it as well! I signed up and will share information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so grateful to the Puffin Foundation for providing a grant to support this workshop. So excited to share this information. Glad you'll join me.

      Delete
  13. Katrina, I'm in and can't wait to get started! thanks, gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gina! So glad you'll join me.

      Delete
  14. Registered and looking forward to it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Glad to have you.

      Delete
  15. I just finished your article in Taproot. So awesome. I was inspired to sew again! Then I saw this free class and I feel blessed. With 3 yr old twins I am excited to be part of a creative community that I rarely participate in anymore. Thank you so much for providing this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you'll be able to join us. I have an almost 3-year-old little boy so while I don't have twins I can still relate to the changes in social life and participating with the craft community. I'm thrilled you'll join. Welcome!

      Delete
  16. Hi! I would love to participate in your workshop - I have pretty much adopted the same approach to fashion and consumption as you a few years ago and have never looked back, either. Does the workshop happen at a specific time each day, or can I access the sessions when I'm available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maja. Thanks for your interest in the upcoming class. No, you don't have to be available at any specific time to join. I'll post a new class each morning at 9am Pacific Coast time but you can access the website whenever works for you. The class will be "live" from Oct 13- 24. Hope you'll join us!

      Delete
  17. Love this! I saw an exhibit at the Japanese Garden in Portland, OR that demonstrated the look you are showing above, albeit quite old pieces of fabric that had been patched, repatched, patched again, on and on! It was amazing and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11/23/2014

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.