1.19.2015

Workshops, Events, and Save-the-Dates


 Friends,

There are some fun dates coming up on my studio calendar and I want to share them with you. I'll be teaching two workshops in the next few weeks: Fundraising for Artists at the Kala Art Institute on Saturday, January 31 and Sashiko Mending at Handcraft Studio School on Sunday, January 25. (Unfortunately, the Sashiko Mending class is already sold out but I'll be teaching another this summer AND I'll be adding Sashiko mending kits to my Etsy shop in just a few weeks--stay tuned! The Sashiko classes fill up very quickly, so it's best to join my mailing list to be first in line.)



The Fundraising for Artists class is my only public professional arts practice class scheduled for 2015! So join me if you are interested. There are a few private classes scheduled for the summer but no other public classes as of yet. So if you're interested in talking grantwriting, Kickstarter campaigns, fundraising, project budgets, artist statements, work samples, and all the ins and outs of receiving grants and awards then come join me on January 31. Kala is a wonderful art institution in Berkeley, CA and I'm thrilled to be teaching with them again.


I'm also still lining up some book events for the first two weeks of February so stay tuned for the official news. (Psst... save the dates of February 7 in the afternoon for a book signing in Oakland and February 8 from 2-4:30 for a super special book party class in Emeryville! There's also a chance that Feb 15 might be another book event in the Bay Area but all of this is still unofficial until all the details are confirmed and I can publicly announce. Just save-the-dates for now, especially Feb 7 and Feb 8. So excited to share this book with my local Bay Area community!)



Lastly, I'm thrilled to be teaching in these first few months of the year before I welcome this new baby into the world in early March. I'll be offering classes online and in-person again after June 1 but will only be working from home and taking some quiet time with this new baby from March 1- June 1 so my classes and events will be scarce for a few months. I must admit, instead of teaching and organizing art events I plan to spend this spring falling madly and completely in love with a new human.

xoxo,
k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.