5.04.2015

Sashiko Mending Workshops in CA and NY


Friends,

I'm so excited to share upcoming workshop dates for summer 2015! I'll be keeping my summer schedule lighter than usual while I continue to care for our newborn son and better understand the rhythm of parenting two small children. If you're hoping to join a mending workshop be sure to sign-up soon as they tend to fill quickly and I'm not certain I'll be adding much more to my calendar before fall. If only I had four arms: Two for my children and two for my work. What parent wouldn't agree, right?


Dates for Upcoming Workshops:

Sunday, June 7: Sashiko Mending workshop at Handcraft Studio School in Emeryville, CA from 1:30-5:30pm. (This workshop typically fills quickly, so be sure to reserve your spot if you'd like to join us. It's such a beautiful workshop space.)

Monday, June 15: Grantwriting Beyond the Basics workshop with the San Francisco Friends of Chamber Music from 6:30-9pm. (Open to members of the SFFCM only but if you're a musician in the Bay Area you should check out this organization--they are wonderful.)

Sunday, August 9: Sashiko Mending workshop at the new Drop, Forge & Tool space in Hudson, NY from 2-4:30pm. (I have a long-standing love affair with the Hudson Valley and I'm thrilled to offer this workshop at the new space for "Maker Workshops & Creative Residencies".)

Sunday, September 20: Sashiko Mending workshop at the Castro Valley Library in Castro Valley, CA from 3-4:30pm. (Hooray for public libraries! This is my second public library workshop, just a quick mending tutorial but happy to support the public libraries whenever possible. Registration is not yet available on their workshop so consider this a save-the-date.)


I'm thrilled to have several Sashiko Mending workshops scheduled for the next few months and to offer my first mending workshop in my native Upstate NY. Okay, just a quick info-packed post today as my newborn rests quietly on my chest and my three-year-old is away at preschool. These quiet, productive moments are priceless these days. I'll be back here in two weeks, but be sure to join me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for more regular interaction. Thank you, friends!

xoxo,
k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, friends. I like to think we are creating a dialogue in this space--building a virtual community.